Today marks the 7th anniversary of our time in Saudi. It’s a good time to look back and reflect on some of the memorable moments of the year.
This year has been transformational for the nation of Saudi Arabia. Here are a few articles of interest which highlight the social and economic changes that are happening at the moment. It’s absolutely an honor to witness this transformation which is lead by the beloved Crown Prince, Mohammed Bin Salman:
- 8 things to know about NEOM project
- Is Saudi Arabia the next big heritage tourism destination?
- Saudi Arabia lifts ban on women driving
- A Saudi Prince’s Quest to Remake the Middle East
And a few highlights from KAUST:
- KAUST appoints new president and Nadhmi Al-Nasr was appointed CEO of NEOM – big thank you to Nadhmi for his mountain of impact both in building and leading KAUST!
- Making time for wellness
- Developing Saudi gifted students
- Achieving a new supercomputing milestone
We also had a few wonderful moments of our own…
Kevin joined the volunteer fire department:
We traveled around Saudi Arabia:
We traveled around Oman:
We traveled around Jordan:
I started a new job:
And we loved our community more and more:
In the last 7 years, we’ve grown our family, participated in our community, made impact for the university, eaten exotic foods, gone on exotic trips, and more. We’ve said hello to some new friends, said goodbye to some old friends, and we’ve ushered in new eras in both Saudi and at KAUST.
I am beyond grateful for a wonderful 7 years!***Want to learn more? Follow me on social media:***